Green Label - Mild Fire-Roasted Jalapeno & Serrano Sauce 5 OZ
Lucky Dog hot sauce Green Label features fire-roasted Jalapeño, Serrano and mild Cayenne peppers with sweet roasted garlic. This non-traditional mild fire-roasted verde sauce uses carrots, onion and white vinegar to give it a tangy quality that compliments the Jalapeños perfectly.
Green Label has a complex flavor profile, with roasted garlic adding depth of flavor in this unique Jalapeño sauce.
Pairing suggestions: Green Label is a fantastic compliment for eggs, breakfast burritos, traditional Mexican food, pork, fish, pizza or just about anything!
Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Green Label is a Winner!
- 2023 Clifton Chilli Club National Chilli Awards (UK) - 3rd Place, Mild Chilli Sauce
- 2018 Scovie Awards, 1st Place - Verde
- 2017 Zestfest Fiery Food Challenge, 2nd Place - Mild
- 2017 Zestfest Fiery Food Challenge, 3rd Place, Mild/Hot Latin-Style
- 2014 Screaming Mimi's, 3rd Place - Jalapeño
- 2013 The Hot Pepper Awards, 3rd Place, Pepper Blend
- 2013 Zestfest Fiery Food Challenge, 1st Place Golden Chile Award Winner, Mild - Consumer Ready
- 2013 Zestfest Fiery Food Challenge, 2nd Place, Jalapeno - Consumer Ready
- 2012 The Hot Pepper Awards, 2nd Place, Jalapeño
The Story Behind the Sauce
Green Label is the 3rd sauce added to the Lucky Dog arsenal. I would love to tell you how I spent 4 months in a Tibetan cave meditating, and living off of wheat grass, peyote and cheeseburgers while having visions of a sweet/tangy verde unlike any previously known to man, but alas, that would be a lie.
The reality is that when I was considering taking Lucky Dog Hot Sauce from a hobby to a business, I felt I needed a mild sauce. While a huge fan of classic, sharp tomatillo verde sauces I have this thing about creating original flavors. So I set out to make a mild version of my favorite Red Label by removing the habanero peppers from the mix, and voilà!
A couple of batches later, with a pinch of this and a dash of that, green label was more or less complete.
While a pretty boring story, Green Label continues to be among my most popular sauces among chileheads and those with a mild palate alike - a truly unique style of green sauce, with a rich, tangy and sweet balance, and the roasted peppers & garlic really shine.
As long as I'm selling hot sauce I'll be selling Green Label. And as long as I'm alive I'll be making it. To say it is a beloved recipe in my book would be an understatement. And new for 2017, agave has been subbed in for cane sugar, for healthier appetites.